Monday, April 7, 2008

Belgium, Luxemborg, and Misc Trips





Today is our last day in Germany ~ so I decided to combine all our previous trips I had not blogged about. Most of the time, while Chris was working I had nothing to do. I did, however take a couple of trips without him while he was working. The first trip I took without him, was to Zurich Switzerland with the USO. One of our friends that we met in Iraq is now stationed here in Germany. He went on the trip with me and after the trip, he went with Chris and I to dinner before taking the train back to Kauserlatem. Zurich was nice - but no where as nice as it is in the Alps. There was a very pretty water falls on the way - Rhine River Water Falls. I loved the atmosphere in Switzerland and we enjoyed the normal touristy stuff while there. Later I took another USO tour to Strassborg France. It was nice, but no where near as nice as Paris!



Chris and I took other trips to Luxemborg and Belgium. We loved Dinant Belgium. It was a very romantic place. We visited the Citadel and strolled the streets by the water of the evening. It is a very beautiful and romantic place. We had dinner at a cafe overlooking the water - it was gorgeous.



Preparing to leave tomorrow to return home is bittersweet because I have loved the travel in Europe. I am., however excited to get home and return to normal life. I would guess that Chris and I will not want to do any traveling for a while once we return home. We will probably spend lots of evenings curled up on the couch watching movies. I am anxious to have a kitchen again! I am anxious for the lazy summer days by the pool. Yes, I will miss this place - but I will be extremely happy to be home! I am sure that sweet TaiChi is anxious for us to return as well.

No comments: