Sunday, April 6, 2008

Amsterdam & Holland



We went on a trip to the Netherlands and enjoyed Holland and Amsterdam. Unfortunately, it was a bit too early to enjoy all of the tulips - maybe someday we will be able to travel to Holland for the blooming of the tulips! Holland is beautiful even without the tulips blooming. I loved the old fashioned wind mills - much more pleasant on the eye than the modern looking ones. And of course, what is a trip to Holland without watching them make wooden shoes. Amsterdam was great. I was fascinated with the "coffee shops" and "smart shops". I wanted to go in to a coffee shop and ask for a menu to bring home and scrap book, but I did not have the guts. We also passed the redlight district - but did not venture in to it. One of the hightlights of the trip for me was visiting Anne Franks house. That has always been a story that fascinated me and it was surreal to be in the actual annex where they were hiding. Of course, where do you think we had lunch? Hard Rock Cafe of course. It was much too short of a trip and it is on our short list of places to return someday.

No comments: