Sunday, December 7, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.


Yep - we got a Christmas tree. No big deal, right? Wrong. For me, it is a big deal. I have not been willing to participate in any tree decorations, decking of halls, or any of the other Christmas cheer garbage for the last 8 years. Last year, Chris bought a teeny little tree for our hotel room in Germany and had it decorated before I got there. I am sure that he knew that I would not be a willing participant in his decorating the room. The two years before that, we spent at Camp Fallujah Iraq, so we had no tree there. The five years before that - I just did not want to be bothered to decorate and be cheerful. This year - I decided I would give up my Bah Humbug attitude and get a tree. Chris has not dared suggest we go tree shopping, but was excited that I actually was suggesting we get one. We opted for a small (6') fiber optic tree. It was not the tree that I wanted, but I guess I waited too long because all the pretty white fiber optic trees were gone :( I even enjoyed the Christmas tunes Chris played this weekend. Geesh- am I getting in to the holiday spirit or what? Who knows, maybe next year I will even agree to hanging lights outside too......

1 comment:

Dawn, said...

Take it slow... one step at a time... you can do it... you'll be Christmas jolly before you know it! Laughter!!! Wow! You and Dana couldn't be more opposite on the decorations thing, could ya?? I hope your holidays are wonderful