Friday, August 8, 2008

Count Down....

So only a couple more days and my honey will be back home. It has been a long week - but now I only have another weekend to go. The good thing is that he has earned some comp time and I am thinking a trip to the beach is on our horizon. I am trying to decide between Dauphin Island, Gulfshores, Gulfport MS, or Biloxi MS. Honestly, if I found a "good deal" at any of those places - or anywhere with a beach - it would be a "no brainer" choice. Being alone while Chris was at his convention was not all so bad - I did not cook any meals - washed only a load of laundry - have only ran the dishwasher once - yep - being alone does have its advantages. I have to admit, going to a conference with a bunch of computer nerds does not seem like it would have been much fun for me. I would have been afraid to take my laptop with me - staying in the same hotel with a bunch of hackers would make me think twice about turning on my laptop. The only thing that would make it more boring and eyerolling for me would be a Star Trek convention at the same time - and guess what.... Chris told me that they had a Star Trek convention going on at the same hotel! OK - staying home sounds like it was a very good choice now :)

No comments: