Friday, May 30, 2008

Swim Forrest Swim

Well, it happened. Our first casualty in our fish tank. Poor Forrest. He was a bit smaller than Bubba and the other fish picked on him (including Bubba). The other fishies picked on him from the begining and I would often say "Swim Forest Swim" when I saw them picking on him. I thought if he just swam away and avoided the other fish, that they would leave him alone. But they picked on him and ate away at his fins until he died. I know he was just a fish - but I still feel bad for him. I wonder if the other fish will feel bad for what they did. I wonder if they miss him. I wonder if they will even remember him next week. I wonder if the bullies from highschool ever feel bad for picking on the other kids. I wonder if they even remember the names of the kids they picked on. I wonder if the fish (and bullies) even realize that they are being mean. Anyway - Forrest is in a glass right now. It did not seem right to just flush him down the toilet. I know I must - but I just can not seem to make myself do it. He is starting to smell a little, so I am sure Chris will flush him when he gets home from work - but until then, I just don't have the heart to say goodbye :(

No comments: