Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Slowing down the pace for 2012.... or are we?

After a busy month of visiting family,celebrating JT's first birthday and another trip to WV (to take Gran home) - we are finally starting to slow down. JT still looks at Gran's bedroom and says "Ga Ga" (his name for her) every morning.  Chris and I miss her talent for being able to get the wiggle worm dressed without having to tackle him to the ground. We did get lessons from Gran on how to get him dressed - but he just does not cooperate with us like he does Ga Ga. 


On January 5th - JT got his very first haircut!  He did much better than I thought he would and we were quite proud of him.  And yes!  I did cry when he got his hair cut - I had to admit to myself that he was no longer my baby - but a toddler - a little man....















We went to a place called Spoiled Rockin Kids in Southeast Huntsville.  It rates a 10 on the coolness scale!






Chris had some time off work, so he was "in charge" for a few days.  I have to admit, having him in charge of JT is quite entertaining.... 






First Picture ~ "Avocados for breakfast!  woo hoo!"

Second Picture ~ "When daddy feeds me breakfast, mommy gives me an extra bath!"

Third Picture ~ "Why, Yes!  Daddy did dress me.  Why do you ask?"

Fourth Picture ~ "Seriously daddy?  You have to cut up my food - ESPECIALLY if it is cantaloupe!"





Chris's vacation is over and he has gone back to work.  Today, JT got up from playing with his dinosaurs and walked over and got the phone.  He walked up to me, threw the phone at me and said "Da Da".  I could only assume that he was wanting to call Dada - so we called.  Dada was not at his desk - so we had to call twice so JT could listen to Chris' voice on his voice mail.  




It gets harder and harder for me to entertain that active little guy.  I am working on scheduling more play dates (local moms, please message me if you are interested!), we are also going to try a mommy and me class at The Little Gym next week.  Some days I wonder how in the world I can keep up with that little ball of energy that we call JT. But somehow..... I do!





3 comments:

Felicia said...

He is such a cutie! I hope that Emerson, my little one, and JT get to meet someday and have lots of laughs together.

Karen said...

Oh look at you blogging. I love the Little Gym. You should have such fun. He has become your little man.

hope said...

LOL I was going to start off the same way... He is a cutie!!!! Love the antics with the pictures!