Wednesday, September 17, 2008

If I were president.....

--I would require Iraq to fund (or at least assist in funding) the efforts over there. Why do we pay the Iraqi Police and Iraqi Army anyway?
--With money saved in Iraq - I would raise the pay for our military.
--I would lower the price of chocolate.
--Those who took out loans beyond what they could afford to pay would suffer the consequences (don't want to sound cold or cruel - but they took the gamble). Why should everyone elses' tax dollars be spent to bail them out while we all continue to struggle ourselves. Let them rent for a while until they save up to buy WITHIN their financial means.
--I would outlaw automated answering systems for businesses.
--IF the government were to bail out any companies - it would not come without consequence to the company and money previously spent in Iraq would go towards that
--Chocolate would be on top of the food pyramid.
--I would temporarily force those companies that hire ILLEGAL immigrants to pay the taxes that those illegals were avoiding. The end goal would be to have those people earn their citizenship and pay their own taxes. Borders would be closed and anyone wanting to come live in our country would be required to come legally. If someone is here illegally and they break another law - they would be imported.
--We would go to a 4 day work week.
--I would let the public vote on whether to change to a flat tax or fair tax system - but would NOT leave things how they are now.
--Government assistance would be provided for those who help themselves - let them work part time or at lower paying jobs and subsidize their money - but dont give money for nothing. If they truly can not find a job - then they would be required to do community service to earn their assistance.
--Hurricane victimes (those who owned homes)would be assisted in building similar homes that are NOT below sea level or on the coast. Those who rented will be assisted with finding suitable housing comparable to what they were previously renting (off the coast and above the sea level). Note I said "assisted" it would not just be given to them. They must help themselves as well.


Of course I would never run for president - because I would HATE to recieve all the bashing that political candidates (and their spouses) recieve.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'd have my vote! Chocolate is very important!

I agree with all that you have said and am frustrated with all the bailing out people who should be smarter about their life and money!

BethH said...

I agree! You got my vote....especially if you give chocolate stimulas packages or spread the wealth of chocolate around. Hahahah! That said, I soooo agree with you on all your points! Love ya, girl!