Monday, June 23, 2008

Does Everyone Know Me or What?

Seriously, does everyone know me better than I know myself or what? Back when Chris and I were just friends, people swore we were more and that I would marry him. I thought they were nuts... But they were right. When I came back from Iraq and said I was never going to work again, people laughed and said "yeah right". I am thinking that some people may have even had a little "pool" going on to see who could guess how long it would be before I got bored and went to work. Well, I have been home for a year now and guess what. I am thinking about going back to work. Yep. I was wrong - my friends and family were right. And yes, Chris dear, you were right. Do you know how much I hate admitting that I was wrong? Although I am still just in the "thinking about it stage", I did apply for a couple of jobs. Neither are hiring right away - so I would have time to decide if I really want to go back to work. Today, I was talking to some people about these "missions" that are about a week long. I was most interested in the missions where you work in orphanages. They cost about $1500 - $2000. I think it would be a neat experience. There is one going to Uganda in September. I would love to go on that one. I love the Ugandans that I met in Iraq. It is kind of a catch 22... for me to go on one, I need to earn the money.... but to earn the money I would need a job... if I get a job, I would not be able to up and leave to go on the week long missions.... And there is always the Elephant School I wanted to go to.... Not sure what I will end up doing -I just know I am bored with doing nothing :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elephant school? Working with elephants or learning to become one? :-)

Seriously though, good luck with the job and soul searching!

Anonymous said...

I always have a hard time deciding what I really want to do. Good Luck with all the thinking things through. Going to Uganda sounds like a great experience and adventure! I love adventures!!!