Wednesday, June 25, 2008

BMW Z4 convertible vs Toyota Prius Hybrid

OK - I am not talking about the two of them racing against each other... I am talking about which is the best car for me. I have only had the Beamer for a couple months but I am seriously considering selling it and getting a Toyota Prius. People seem to think I am nuts for wanting to go from the BMW to the Prius.... It was even said that the Prius was a "geek" car. Is geek a bad thing? We actually get really good gas mileage - about 26 mpg - not bad since we rarely drive on the hwy. But I just think the new Toyota Prius' are adorable. I have wanted a Prius since 2004 - but Chris got his way and we got the Honda instead. This time, I wanted either a Smart Car or Prius - but Chris talked me in to wanting the Z4 instead. Was not hard to convince me -- after all, I am having my midlife crisis..... Yeah - it is a cool car.... HOWEVER - it is really hard NOT to speed in that car. You do not even realize you are going so fast. I am thinking that we will save money on insurance and future speeding tickets if we go for the Prius. I thought I would take a poll and see what everyone else thought - BMW vs Prius... which one?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm voting for the Prius. You do know that there is a huge waiting list? Good luck.

Kim Mayfield said...

Hey Sandy! I was blog-hopping around today, and stumbled across your blog, and I'm so glad that I did! Welcome home!

danakat said...

I posted. Go validate me, please.