Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Legend of the Poptarts

OK - I was asked about the poptart story that my sister in law referred to in her comment on my last post. Here is the "Legend of the Poptarts".

One night when we were engaged, Chris was telling me how much he loved me and how much I meant to him, (blah blah blah) He was professing his undying love for me – all along, all I could think of was that I really wanted a Pop Tart. I know – sounds crazy.... Anyway – I waited until he was done. He was just staring in my eyes – waiting for a response and all I could say was "Do you have any Pop Tarts?" His jaw dropped and said that he was professing his undying love and devotion and all I could say was do you have any Pop Tarts? LOL

When we were in Iraq and around all the Marines, PDA (public displays of affection) were highly frowned upon. We could not always say "I love you", so I started saying "Pop Tarts" and Chris knew that meant "I love you". One day while we were in Iraq, after a long day at work – we went back to our itty bitty room – before we opened the door – Chris stopped me and looked me in the eyes and said "I love you" – we opened the door – and there – on our bed were a BUNCH of Pop Tarts – spelling out I Love U Sandy. Was that just not the sweetest thing? :)

Now that we have been home for so long, I still, on occasion, say "poptarts" instead of I love you - it seems a little more personal to me :)

4 comments:

danakat said...

I just poptart that story!

Anonymous said...

Love the story! It gave me something to smile about today. :)

Amy B. said...

What a sweet story. You two are just so sweet!

Anonymous said...

You won an award look at my blog!